Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Century night












Century day started off with a bang at the fun run. It was so cute watching he kids do the run and how proud they were. Dad set his personal 60 year old best. Happy Birthday Dad! I hope I am still running on my 60th! Then an awesome breakfast at Mark & Rosie's and over to the spa to get the girls nails done and Whitney's first eyebrow wax. She had a few tears as they yanked that hair out. Checked out Holly's cute house and had a yummy custard at the frozen custard place. We had a wonderful party night thanks mostly to Rosie, Sabrina, & Holly and all their hard work preparing for it! Lots of friends and family showed up. I realized I was the only one out of 7 kids who has not lived there in Houston. So sad. I need to move in with Mom and Dad for a bit so I can get to know everyone. I also realized how very lucky I am to have two parents that have made it this far. In talking to my friends, very few have parents still together or alive. I want to thank them for hanging in there for 40 years! I'm looking forward to a 50 year party too. I want to be just like them in 40 years, still happy and in love. I especially loved the book Sabrina did. Those love letters from Dad and Mom were very sweet. I had so much fun in Texas just being with the family. I love having a great big clan even if it is chaos sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment